Summary: Do you have any good solutions to the problems of importing Sony A7s XAVC S files to FCP 7 for nice editing? If not, why not be a good reader to follow the article below to know more details? This guide can teach you how to convert your Sony XAVC S to ProRes for smoothly editing in FCP 7.
“Hi, anyone worked with media from the Sony A7S camera? Especially convert XAVC S 100p/50p files to Apple ProRes because the few times I tried the resulting file does not match the original file, that the file should slow motion (100p/50p) but became normal 25fps not slow-motion (I use HD video converter Acrok) Is there a workflow solution for me to do the settings file XAVC S especially for 100p / 50p to Apple ProRes?”
The sensor of Sony A7S is big, the 35mm sensor with large pixels is good for high ISO and dynamic range, 12.2MP sensor optimized for 4K and low light video recording, with this excellent device you can get uncompressed 4:2:2 full HD in XAVC S format. While for some popular editing tools, you will find the XAVC S is not supported for popular editing apps, Final Cut Pro is such a typical one. So what's the available workflow for Sony A7S and FCP?
XAVC S, which as the newest one, if you are a professional video editor or photographer, it is not so widely supported for editing tools. Except for FCP 7, such as Premiere Pro, Avid, Sony Vegas, etc. Today here, in order to match the XAVC S recordings to FCP 7 well, we highly recommend you a XAVC S to FCP 7 Converter called Pavtube HD Video Converter for Mac (review), which has the ability of handling HD videos with all popular editors or media players nicely.
- Pavtube old official address: http://www.pavtube.com/hd-video-converter-mac/
- Amazon Store Download: http://www.amazon.com/Pavtube-Video-Converter-Mac-Download/dp/B00QI9GNZS
- AppStore Download: https://itunes.apple.com/de/app/pavtube-hd-video-converter/id502792488?mt=12
- Cnet Download: http://download.cnet.com/Pavtube-HD-Video-Converter/3000-2194_4-76177786.html
Detailed steps we should know well how to convert XAVC S to ProRes for nice editing in FCP 7:
Step 1: Launch the HD Video Converter on your Mac, and then click the “Add video” button to import your XAVC S videos from Sony A7s directly. In order to import several files at one time, you can click “Add from folder” button.
Step 2: Click the “Format” bar to get the drop-down menu and you can get “Final Cut Pro>>Apple ProRes codec”, including ProRes 422, ProRes 422 (HQ), ProRes 422 (LT), ProRes 422 (Proxy) and ProRes 4444. Choose the proper one you want.
Step 3: Press the “Settings” icon and you’d better set the video frame rate as 30fps, video size as 1920*1080 for editing Sony A7s XAVC S in FCP 7 easily.
Step 4: Now, click "Convert" and let it go. The XAVC S to FCP 7 Converter for Mac supports batch conversion. So if you have lots of XAVC S videos to convert, check “Shut down computer after conversion” and you can go away without keeping an eye on it.
Conclusion: Once the conversion process shows in 100%, click “Open” to get the output videos. Create a project and start Sony A7s editing XAVC S videos in FCP 7 with light speed.
- How to Work Canon XC10 XF-AVC 4K/1080p MXF with WMM?
- Play Canon Videos on Laptop/Smartphone with SRT/ASS Subtitles on Mac
- Import Canon XF305 MXF to FCP 7 via Converting MXF to ProRes
- Convert Sony/Canon/Panasonic MTS to YouTube/Google/Myspace
- Smoothly Play Canon/Panasonic/Sony MXF on VLC Player
- Working with Canon C100 Mark II AVCHD in FCP X
- Can’t Play GoPro Hero 4K Videos Smoothly on Mac