Summary: Are you troubled with how to downsize Sony 4K XAVC to 1080p for playing smoothly? In order to make 4K XAVC files accepted by media players on Windows/Mac, how about join us to follow the tutorial?
“I have footage that was colored at 4K HD, but my final output will be 1080p. I need to bring my 4K QT into Premiere Pro and add my subtitles, credits, etc and output to 1080p. Then it would be easier for me to enjoy 4K XAVC on MX player.”
What is the difference between 1080p and 4K resolution?
A High Definition TV with 1080p resolution is composed of two million pixels (1920*1080), while a 4K TV (aka Ultra High Definition) has over eight million pixels (3840*2160). Therefore, 4K has around four times more resolution than 1080p and produces a clearer picture.
Best solutions to downscale 4K XAVC to 1080p for watching:
Here, you must have got the questions on how to play 4K XAVC files smoothly there, right? In my opinion, the best way to downsize 4K HD to 1080p for Premiere Pro is to first convert 4K XAVC to 1080p and play them in 1080p output. In this way, we need a professional 4K XAVC to 1080p video converter. Fortunately, Pavtube Video Converter (Mac version) has the ability to downscale the 4K XAVC to 1080p well. Let’s learn some conversion steps here.
- Pavtube old official address: http://www.pavtube.com/video_converter/
- Amazon Download: http://download.cnet.com/Pavtube-Video-Converter/3000-2194_4-75734821.html
- Cnet Download: http://download.cnet.com/Pavtube-Video-Converter/3000-2194_4-75734821.html
How to downsize Sony 4K XAVC to 1080p for playing smoothly?
Step 1: Launch the 4K to 1080p Converter; click “Add Video” and load your 4K HD files. This program supports batch conversion, so you can add multiple files into it at a time.
Step 2: Click the “Format” drop down list to select MP4, MOV, MKV, AVI, etc format from “Common Video” as you want. Since this video converter also provides optimal profiles for kinds of editing programs and media devices, you can also select a proper format that best meets your needs. For editing in Premiere Pro, you’d better choose “Adobe Premiere/Sony Vegas>>MPEG-2 (*.mpg)”.
Step 3: Click “Settings” button; you can adjust video and audio settings, including codec, aspect ratio, bit rate, frame rate, sample rate, and audio channel. To down-convert ultra HD 4K to 1080p, do remember adjusting video size to 1920*1080. That is the exact 1080p.
Step 4: At the end, hit “Convert” button to let the 4K HD to 1080p conversion begin.
Conclusion: When the conversion finished, check the generated 1080p video, you will certainly be satisfied with its final video quality. It would be easier for you to playback and edit.
- Working with Canon C100 Mark II AVCHD in FCP X
- Convert Canon C300 Mark II 4K MXF to Avid MC on Mac
- Top 3 Mac XAVC Video Converter for Nonlinear Editing Software
- Downscale Blackmagic 4K ProRes to 1080p ProRes for FCP 7/X Editing
- Top-ranked M3U8 Converter for Windows Reviewed
- Sony FS7 XAVC File Structure and FCP 7 Workflow on Yosemite/Mavericks
- Convert and Burn iMovie Projects on Mac